Tuesday 1 September 2009

Cornish tale

Three glorious weeks spent on holiday in Cornwall... filled with day trips to coasts, walks, gardening, plenty of sleep (rare), shopping, especially charity shops where Hubby and I bought super things.. shoes, shirts and books. We loved Kingsand, even on a blustery damp day with the air pungent with the scent of seaweed and salty seas.
Happy visits from dear, fun loving friends...(Mr and Mrs Bun http://abuncandance.blogspot.com/) here treading the superb water feature at the National Trust poperty, Antony House, on a surprisingly sunny day!
Oh, but what a recommendation from Mrs Bun - Constantine Bay... just look at that sea! The sand full of flat curved slate and the wind WILD! Coffee at the Treglos Hotel http://www.tregloshotel.com/ set us up for the walk across the beach, breathless from the whip of the air.
Long walk from Cawsand to Edgecombe Park.. in parts something of a scramble up sodden slopes covered in leaves, but all in all a wonderfully exhilarating walk.
And now to the boys.. they travelled the four hours in the car to Cornwall with barely a peep. They adore Penvillies House, my Aunt's house where we are staying, especially loved galloping, rolling and tumbling back and forth the long stretch of hallway at 5.00am! Above is Bingley who jumped into a full bath and did not learn the lesson (he just loves water)!
And here is Darcy. A vocal little lad with mischief at his heart!
Holidays are clearly for relaxing.... and sleeping, wherever there is a comfy spot, a table cloth perhaps?
... wide armchairs prove good vantage points, but still it can all be a bit tiring at times... yawn!
Darcy, enjoying the garden cushions in the porch... too wet to sit outside.
But life is not all about rest, gotta play too. "Now WHAT is in that shoe? I definitely saw something .. let me get it!"
" And when is dinner? I'll just camp down here and watch for it...."
" I love hugging these sandles, sometimes I just dose off in them!"
A favourite toy (currently, until we destroy it)... £2 from Lidl.. it makes a rattling sound and the tails are a great favourite for biting.

4 comments:

  1. Hello, it's me of course!
    Constantine bay looks amazing - I must definitely go back very soon!
    Love the sleepy and playful kitten photos, very funny -especially the one of Darcy looking as if he's saying "I didn't do it! I couldn't possibly have done that - it was Bingley!"
    Have a super week, love to all
    Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving your lovely comment. I just love Cornwall, so I really enjoyed reading all about your trip. Darcy and Bingley looked like they had a fabulous time! They really are gorgeous! I'll never forget the day when one of my parent's cats put a mouse in my Dad's slipper...I think they put it there for safe keeping! Luckily we managed to save the mouse and all was well! Katie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Helen,
    Thank you for dropping by and saying hello! Lucky you holidaying in Cornwall (I would say that!)...we're having some glorious weather here at the moment. I'm not so familar with the area around Liskeard - clearly I have some exploring to do! Love Darcy and Bingley, bet they keep you entertained for hours!
    Diana x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh we love the pics of the boys wiv the shoes. Adorable.

    Milo and Alfie xx

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, it is lovely that you have found our blog. Leave a message and we will pop over to visit you too...